Our agency is currently looking for a Driver to help maintain our transportation services for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. We are seeking energetic, professional and outgoing people to ensure our clients are truly served in a tangible way that has a positive influence on their day. If you have experience working with Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disability and this sound like a fun and exciting opportunity to exercise your hospitality and safe driving skills, please review the position and requirements.
If you desire to work in a professional and outgoing atmosphere where the Individuals are truly served, this is a great opportunity with flexible hours and a chance to truly impact a Licensed Residential Program. We are currently hiring for this position and you MUST complete an application to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Be aware of the Individuals location and actions at all times.
- Pick up and drop off Individuals to day programs, community activities and appointments.
- Be helpful, approachable and outgoing toward all Individuals and their staff.
- Keep track of the Individuals activities and appointment schedules and paperwork.
- Required to retain availability during peak times, which might include holidays, stormy weather, public transit strikes, evenings and weekends.
- Required to have good communication skills in dealing with the Individuals, their staff and family.
- Required to have a general understanding of the time for pick-up and drop off.
- Required to strictly follow safety guidelines.
- Required to immediately report any accidents, claims or otherwise having to do with the Individuals, staff and/or vehicle.
- Responsible for the vehicle under your care while on shift.
- May be required to pick up shifts working in the Residential Sites.
- Maintain a gossip-free work environment.
- Pass all screenings of Motor Vehicle Record check, Background Check and application assessments (must complete all assessments in application process)
- Experience working with Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disability required.
- Strong desire to deliver a ‘high quality’ customer service experience
- Possess ability and willingness to solve problems independently but also reach out to your supervisor if unsure of an answer
- Maintain order and presence on property at all times through safe and aware driving practices.
- Knowledge of how to Navigate the City of Philadelphia and the surrounding counties is very essential to be successful in this position and is required.
Job Type: Full-time