Nurse at Casmir Care Services
We are looking for a talented individual who shares our dedication to the people we serve and support, to bring on board as a Nurse. We are dedicated to supporting people as they strive for increasing independence, personal growth, and opportunities in their communities. We believe that every person is unique and, therefore, everyone’s path and needs are unique. Our approach to care puts the needs of the people and communities we serve at the center of every decision. If you are a positive and personable individual looking for a satisfying and flexible opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual/ developmental disabilities, join our team!
Responsibilities and duties:
- Monitor healthcare needs of individuals receiving services.
- delivering nursing care and coordinating nursing activities as a member of the management team
- Contact and communicate with Primary care Physicians, Dentists, and other healthcare specialists as needed.
- Complete all necessary documentation and miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Conduct training for administrative and direct support staff on health-related topics that supports the overall health and well-being of the individuals we support.
- Review medication administration records to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing standards.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from the norm. Assesses condition of individuals supported monthly and/or per physician order.
- Help develop protocols, policies, and procedures (including training materials) to assist in supporting the healthcare needs of the individuals we support
- Maintain individual’s confidentiality per company policy and HIPAA privacy rule regulations.
- Attend recognized training to successfully maintain professional license
- Attend training and conferences as directed by supervisors, in accordance with company policy and regulation as needed.
- Attend required supervision sessions and staff meetings in accordance with program/company requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with individuals, families, and staff from a variety of cultures and social backgrounds.
- Conducts nursing and quality assurance assessments to monitor health, treatment, and sanitary conditions of residential homes.
- Registered Nurse with a current valid nursing license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a strong knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment.
- Two-year nursing experience or one year working with individuals with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (IDD).
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of intellectual disability and mental health system.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- The ability to lift and position patients of various weights to and from assorted patient equipment while maintaining patient comfort and safety.
- The ability to carry, fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with clients.
- Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- May require crisis intervention in emergency situations.
- May be required to report to work during emergencies including inclement weather