Direct Support Professional at Casmir Care Services
Safety: Security, Environment, Health
- Maintain a safe and clean environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of the Individual(s). Knowledge of crisis interventions, mental health diagnosis, and therapeutic relationships processes.
*Administers medication in accordance with medical provider directions and Casmir Cares Services /State of Pennsylvania policies (Medication Certified Residential Program only)
- Assist with and work to strengthen the individual’s many daily living needs including but not limited to: communication and socialization skills, nutrition, preparing proper meals, proper hygiene. Teach the Individual the importance of making his/her bed each morning, the importance of exercise by leading Individual in exercise routines when needed and weight control
- Assist in maintaining Individual’s well-being by keeping his/her home clean, safe and orderly.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of health and medical issues for all assigned individual(s) supported
- Assist individual(s) with healthcare visits, (*Medication-Certified Staff-Residential Program only) and behavior support plans (BSP)
- Assure Individual’s safety by observing and reporting any risk and notifying appropriate Supervisor/ Service Coordinator of any health concerns or needs for the individual(s)
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding the safety of the individual(s) in all environments
- Be a personal companion to the individual(s) and act as a helping hand serving his/her needs and working to build his/her independence
- While performing the duties of this job, employee are occasionally required to stand; sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, reach with arms and hands, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift and/or move at least 50-75 pounds
Programmatic: Choice, Active treatment, Community Resources
- Implement, demonstrate and teach specific skills as outlined in the individual support plans as written (ISP), Behavior Support Plan (BSP) and any other clinical aspect for the Individual.
- Obtain knowledge of individual(s) supported desired outcomes and works to ensure they are integrated into daily activities
- Provide assistance and support to individual(s) in activities of daily living
- Teach appropriate skills and involve individual(s) in meaningful and valued activities
- Provide and seek out opportunities for individual(s) to make choices
Rights, Dignity and Respect:
- Incorporate time, space, and opportunity for privacy in the life of individual(s) supported
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personal information concerning individual(s) supported
- Understand, advocates and respects the rights of individual(s) supported
- Treat individual(s) supported, his/her family, coworkers and Supervisor/Service Coordinator with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate the importance of community involvement, social interactions, and maintaining relationships by engaging Individual in community activities and active treatment when in the home or community.
- Develop and facilitate community connections and relationships
- Assist individual(s) in developing and following a person centered schedule
- Aid individual(s) to participate in activities of their choosing
- Provides opportunities for activities in various settings and transportation as needed
- Encourage individual(s) supported to give back to the community
Customer Service and Excellence:
- Exhibit professional behavior towards the individual(s) supported, families, coworkers, and Supervisor/Service Coordinator
- Network with coworkers, the community and other professionals to find better ways to include individual(s) in routine life activities and community activities
- Participate in treatment meetings in keeping with the goals and practices of the Individual
- Willingly assist individual in activities of daily living including bathing, toileting and other self help skills
- Willingly support individuals with challenging behavior(s)
- While on shift staff must stay on site, any outings must be approved by Supervisor/Service Coordinator and documented properly
- Communicate with Supervisor/Service Coordinator, Individual’s Team and (*Individual’s family- HCBS Program only)
- Handle and maintain individual/agency finances ethically, honestly and accurately with appropriate documentation and receipts
- Provide clear, accurate and timely records and documentation
- Follow all agency policies and procedures
- Provide emergency coverage when requested by management
- Take initiative in performing additional tasks as needed or as assigned
- All Casmir Care Services staff are required to maintain a professional appearance that contributes to the image of the Individual, his/her family, visitor(s), co-worker(s) and stakeholders
- Provide positive and appropriate feedback to coworkers, team members, Supervisor/Service Coordinators and agency representatives
- Participate in and complete all periodic training(s) and certification(s) as required
- Keep personnel records up-to-date by providing updated ID, phone numbers and home address
- Report all concerns to the appropriate Supervisor/Service Coordinator in a timely manner
Mentor and train new staff to ensure that the workplace is a positive and productive environment (*Residential Staff Only)
- Attend and participate in all assigned meetings, sharing ideas, discussing issues openly and honestly
- Maintain confidentiality of records/information according to HIPAA, State, Federal laws and guidelines
- Report any instance of abuse, neglect, mistreatment and exploitation immediately to the appropriate Supervisor/Service Coordinator
- Display positive conduct in the community that enhances the image of individual(s) supported and the agency
- Be a compassionate, patient and encouraging support professional at all times; you are a caregiver and advocate for the individuals we serve
Job seekers are encouraged to attend an open house to learn about Casmir Care and the individuals we serve.
Trackback from your site.